Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 Apr 95 17:31:56 PDT
From:         smaher@ball.com (Steve Maher)
Subject:      Re: The Berg and springs

Eugene,

Noticed in your post that you have some Kadrons for sale with both single-port and dual-port manifolds. I have some Kadrons also, with dual-port manifolds. But my '71 bus has a single-port 1600 engine, which seems to run very strong with its Solex 30PICT-3 carb. I want to put the Kadrons on it. I, too, have heard that single-port engines tend to be tougher than dual-port, whose heads tend to develop cracks from the spark plug hole to the intake ports when stressed.

Can I offer you a swap? my dual-port manifolds for your singles? Or, if you don't need a second pair of duals, would you consider selling the singles to me? Don't know what demand there is for the single-port manifolds. How about $10/both, plus I pay shipping (I am in San Diego)?

Let me know if you are interested. I can't make it to Vallejo, I'm afraid. But maybe we can both give UPS some business.

-Steve Maher smaher@ball.com