Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 Apr 1995 13:42:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:         "Thom Fitzpatrick" <thom@tim.com>
Subject:      Re: Wiper Motor???

So corbin blaine connell sez: > >I need to R&R the wiper motor in my split window bus. >Could someone briefly describe this proceedure? > >It looks like its buried up against the front wall, Must I remove the >dash assembly or is there another way? (I suppose cutting a hole in the >front exterior is another way :( )

Ok,

remove the screws/bolts for the dash tray - there will be some along the top front of it and 2 17mm bots holding the dash tray to the steering column support.

Lower the tray slightly, be careful of the speedo cabel.m Remove the speedo cable ifyou think it'll make it easier for ya - I never do though.

Remove the wiper arms.A

Remove the large nuts holding the wiper shafts to the body. Save these nuts!

There is a 10mm bolt on the bottom of the wiper motot assembly that holds the whole shebang in _and_ is the ground pont for the motor. Take it off.

Pull the wiper assembly back towards you until the shafts clear the holes, and then move the whole assembly left and right to clear the dash supports.

By this time you shoulf be able to get your hands on the wires. Make a drawing of how they went on, ande then remove them.

Take the wiper assembly the rest of the way out.

You can test the motor by hooking up a battery to it on the ground.

New motors are available depending on the year and voltage. '67 was a one year only, and the 12V 66's are also hard to find.

Hope this helps...

Thom -- > CONGRESS.SYS Corrupted: Re-boot Washington D.C (Y/n)? ............................................................................ : Thom Fitzpatrick Transamerica Info Mgmnt : : Systems Administrator 1860 Howe Ave : : tfitzpatrick@tim.com Sacramento, CA 95825 : : fax (916) 921-6781 (916) 565-3346 : ............................................................................