Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 Apr 1995 18:57:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:         Gilbert Christopher L <3clg4@qlink.queensu.ca>
Subject:      Wanted to say adieu!

Well Bus/Vanagon list folks...it has been an interesting and enlightening few months since I found this small corner of the net. Thanks for all the advice, tips, info, help, suggestions and materials that you've provided to this VW newbie...(but gaining VW wisdom and knowledge rapidly!) My 1979 Westy and I have now survived our shakedown cruise to home (400+ km on the busiest section of highway in Canada....the 401 Kingston to Toronto then the QEW to Niagara). Hopefully the other Ontario folks can appreciate that driving hell. S/he (the bus) performed admirably despite being passed by nearly everything on the road. (I was loaded up with much of my stuff from my apartment that needed to be returned home.) Thankfully, only a few more short jaunts on these monster highways, then the beast and I will spend the summer and fall in peaceful and rural central Ontario where I work at a summer camp. I'm looking forward to cruising the forested roads of the near north at a reasonable and Bus friendly speed of 90 kms while taking days off at cottages and nearby lakes and beaches. Aaaaaaahhhhhh! Just the thought of it all makes me long to be finished these spring exams. Speaking of finishing, as this spring marks the completion of my degree, I will no longer have access to the net, nor to the list. I have a few more days of account time, but little free time between packing and studying...so...Adios! VW amigos, it has been a wonderful slice of life to read and learn and kibitz with you all! Peace...love...and my your bodies never rust and your motors live forever!

Thanks and Shalom...

Chris Gilbert Queen's University Kingston, Ontario 1979 Silver Westfalia Camper