Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 Apr 1995 18:02:53 +0000
From:         "Harry Yates" <hyates@bcit.bc.ca>
Subject:      Safety Recall RV 1990/91 Vanagon/Syncros

Hi Folks. I just received a recall notice int he mail when I got home today. I thought I would record this for the list...

-------------------------------------------------------------- March 1995

Subject: Safety Recall RV Replace Fuel Injectors and Components

Dear Volkswagen Owner:

This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the Canadian Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.

Volkswagen has determined that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists is some 1990/91 model Volkswagen and Syncro vehicles. Our records indicate that your vehicle is affected by this voluntary recall action.

DEFECT DESCRIPTION Volkswagen has determined that the engine's fuel injectors may not have been properly sealed against outside influence. In high humidity, moisture could enter the injector(s) and cause intermittent interruption of an injector's electrical operation, resulting in cold start difficulties and/or engine miss.

REMEDY Your Volkswagen service technician will replace the engine's fuel injectors, including the connecting fuel distribution rails, fuel lines, hoses and clamps.

YOUR ACTION Please contact the Service Department of your authorized Volkswagen dealer for an appointment to have the necessary work performed as soon as possible. The repair will take approximately two hours and will, of course, be free of charge. Necessary instructions and an initial parts supply have been sent to all Volkswagen dealers.

PRECAUTION In the event you experience engine miss prior to having your vehicle repaired, please contact your nearest Volkswagen dealer without delay. For your convenience, we have included a listing of the Volkswagen dealers located within your province.

We regret any inconvenience this matter may cause; however, as part of our commitment to ensure your safety and maintain your satisfaction with our project, we would like to repair your vehicle as soon as possible.

Thank you for driving a Volkswagen.

Sincerely,

blah blah

Volkswagen Canada Inc, 1940 Eglinton Avenue East, Scarborough, Ontario M1L 2M2

Already called the dealer. The parts should arrive within the next two weeks. Cool. New injectors for free. That will cost VW some pennies (profits ??).

Harry. ------------------------------------------------------ Harry Yates Internet: hyates@bcit.bc.ca Burnaby, BC '90 Syncro Westfalia '87 Golf Diesel