Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 Apr 1995 15:21:12 -0400

Subject:      Re: Syncro Air Filter

>I have been using the big air filter (part # 25129620B) which goes >for $136 CDN (just phoned for the latest price). My dealer, who used >to stock these no longer do so. They have to be ordered from >Toronto.

I bought a little pile of these expensive filters four years ago figuring that they would get really expensive and not available any more.

>The kicker is this, after 5 years they told me that the regular >Vanagon air filter also fits. Apparantly it is a round cylinder >versus the oval jobbie I have in there now. The price is $20.38 CDN. >They said that the Syncro filter is used only for extremely dusty >conditions.

There is no reason to use a syncro air filter except in the dusty regions of southwest.

I live in the northeast

This means I am...

..uh...

..an idiot with a pile of needlessly expensive filters in the attick? Oh well, I think I only paid about $50 each or them back when so at least it seems I am beating inflation!

>I have only put in 2 filters in 5 years... 2 year service life. Even >after 2 years the filter is very clean.... I don't do much dirt road, >and maybe because the air intake is so high in the rear it doesn't >get much dust (?).

I believe than a Vanagon Syncro air filter is virtually a life-of-the-vehicle kind of thing where you live.

Derek Drew 90 syncro westy ___________________________________ Derek Drew drew@interport.net (main address for e-mail) derekdrew@aol.com (alternate/backup address, checked infrequently)