Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 Apr 1995 23:40:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:         Terry Tan <terrytan@ritz.mordor.com>
Subject:      Re: FTC, VWOA, Head Replacement Questions

> > >I volunteer to archive the composite tales of woe/terror/ripoff/etc= > regarding > >head replacement, leaking seals, etc. =20 > > > >If we gather the info correctly we will have a strong case for presenting > >VWOA with either a "make it right via FTC" or a potential Class Action= > lawsuit. > > Wow. Great idea.=20 > Derek, I support your efforts. I hate to see class action suits against mfr especially litigations that result from greed or frivolous matters but my experience with VW shows that the individuals within the company that were involved had never learned from their snob attitude during the handling of the Audi 5000 case which costs VW dearly. Unfortunately because of the decision of a handful of executives within the Corporate structure the company suffers financial damage that affects all the workers within that organization. Perhaps action like this will weed out those individuals within that company and thereby set an example for other companies to follow.

Enterprises like VW must relearn that providing a good product to the consumer must be their ultimate goal. The profits will fall in line if this law is followed faithfully. If you make a mistake especially if some dumb engineer within screw up on the design make the correction immediately. Dont start using the army of corporate attorneys within to cover up. It will evetually cost you more. Lets face it, if these lawyers were of real calibre, they will be practicing on their own and not for somebody.

A very large corporation that I used to worked for(sorry will not identify it) followed this basic rule and eventually became one of the world's largest and profitable company. Not too long ago it too deviated from the principles laid down by its founder and paid a hefty price for its decision.