Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Apr 95 10:37:16 MDT
From:         aburczyk@dres.dnd.ca
Subject:      Re:VWoC and H2O Heads

> > > Hi fellow Canadians, and others > > Just phoned VWoC customer service, 1-800-263-9507, to ask about policy on > head replacement. Pretty obstinant about admitting anything was wrong with > them. I asked about FTC/VWoA, he said, "well that's the other side of the > border, we don't have an FTC". Didn't admit this right away. Despite having > merged with VWoA, they are still VWoC and not bound by USA deals. > They will review each case, with the regional rep. but did not > indicate if compensation was available. He indicated that warranty claims > were the only type likely to be entertained, and only if authorized > parts/repairs had been done. ie under new car warranty or if they leaked > again within 12 mo/20K km. He wouldn't acknowledge a defect exists, "can't > comment on that". I pressed him to say if any claims had been paid, ditto > above, words carefully chosen, me: "you mean you don't know or you won't > tell me?", ditto again. > His name was William Woo, feel free to drop my name when you call. > Reminding him that I had sued them once, and won, slowed him down, as did > mentioning this list and that I would be posting his response. I am half > seriously thinking of getting USA Maine registration on each van then > getting the repairs done in New Hampshire, the effort would be worth $2000 > minimum I figure. tim s. (aka. Grumpy) > > more to follow, now where's the fertilizer and that drum of furnace oil anyhow? > > It is a major failing of most Canadians that they simply bend over and take it with little complaint but lots of grumbling. In dealing with large companies such as banks, credit card outfits, taxation Canada or other large buearacracies I have found that the following rules work best.

1) Be the biggest most obnoxious asshole that you can be (It helps to practice in front of a mirror if you don't already have the tallent).

2) Have no pity, take no prisoners, kill, maim, destroy and make them suffer (figuratively speaking of course).

3) Anything worth doing (That works) is definitly worth over doing.

Andy Burczyk