Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 22 Apr 1995 09:52:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:         "Thom Fitzpatrick" <thom@tim.com>
Subject:      '56 kombi progress

Yo,

Well, night before last I got my new hatch on and aligned, and did some blocking on various parts of the bus.

Last night, I did a pre-un-assembly dry run, whihc basically consists of making sure all your bolts and screws will come loose when the time comes. Keeps you from getting stymied at the last minute!

I also did some work around the front lip of the roof and the frontmost portion of the roof itself.

I then blocked out the nose and front doors, and re shot them with the PPG Prima with my new gun. It works great! And the finish on it makes it real easy to clean up.

I did put a nice gouge with the sanding block, which I have to get out now. Those things just don't do tight spaces.

What _does_ do tight spaces well is a foam sanding block. I got some of these a while back, which have 80 or so grit on one side and 100/120 on the other. Great for getting into tight spots on the bus nose!

Today, if I can get it in gear, I'll get some more primer and continue to block out the rest of the bus.

Anyone have a long range forecast for the Sacramento/California area? I wanna strip this bus down real bad. If I can continue my present rate of progress, I might be able to paint next weekend!

Thom -- > If at first you don't succeed, forget skydiving! ............................................................................ : Thom Fitzpatrick Transamerica Info Mgmnt : : Systems Administrator 1860 Howe Ave : : tfitzpatrick@tim.com Sacramento, CA 95825 : : fax (916) 921-6781 (916) 565-3346 : ............................................................................