Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 24 Apr 1995 09:47:33 -0300
From:         smitht@jupiter.sun.csd.unb.ca (Tim Smith)
Subject:      Re: conversions

Hi... converting a bus to non-poptop camper is trivial, hardest part is water drain and propane if you have it. Everything bolts in, nothing major different in clamps etc, but you will need ALL the little fitting pieces/clips/anchors. Bare cabinets alone are not sufficient. It helps if you dismantle the old Westy to understand what goes where. Pre '71 poptops that are small, 4' x 4' pop up straight with no hammock, are easy to fit, Email me direct if you have one. Full length conversions with luggage rack and hammock are likely lots of work, although I have seen a few, from the outside only. I would suggest only cutting an access area, 4' x 4' then putting on the full roof. No bed but everything else. Never cut the roof ribs! tim s.