Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 25 Apr 1995 09:16:02 -0400
From:         pwilliam@emr1.emr.ca (Peter Williams)
Subject:      Re: Remember those chips of metal....

When I rebuilt my 1700 some of the cam bearings (one half only) were worn through the top silvery layer to a coppery layer underneath. I imagine at this point things start to wear pretty quickly.

I was suprised as well that only one of the bearing halves had a thrust face (shoulder), but that's the way it was on the replacement bearings also.

For $10 or whatever, I don't imagine we're getting the most hi-tech bearings

Peter California or Bussed