Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 27 Apr 1995 10:55:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:         "Thom Fitzpatrick" <thom@tim.com>
Subject:      Bye for Now

Well, it happened.

I'm being micromanaged, and our stuffed shirts have equated e-mail with personal phone calls, so now I'm not allowed personal e-mail, and it is with much regret that I must sign off.

They don't seem to remember the times I had to come down to the office at 3:00am to put the machine back together, or the times I my pager goes off (at least 2x a week, usually more) and I have to kill some $@(*$# user process thats filling up the disks or sucking up every available CPU cycle.

The 1/2 hour or so every day I spend on mail is very precious to them, so now instead of eating my lunch at my desk, I'm going to go down to the basement and work on my bus, and leave my pager on my desk. I guess I can also leave the pager at my desk when I walk out the door at 5:01pm (instead of 6:30pm) and all weekend.

Sorry, had to vent, but I'm kinda toqued right now (275ft/lbs, to be exact...)

If you still wish to contact me, you can still use this address; its just he'll be looking for VINATGEVW and VANAGON...

Maybe if you all wrote to my boss and told him how much you miss me he'd let me back on (cmark@tim.com)

This is the same guy that told me not to put quotes in my .sig (although he doesn't know what a .sig is...)

See ya,

Thom -- > Every program is either trivial or it contains at least one bug. ............................................................................ : Thom Fitzpatrick Transamerica Info Mgmnt : : Systems Administrator 1860 Howe Ave : : tfitzpatrick@tim.com Sacramento, CA 95825 : : fax (916) 921-6781 (916) 565-3346 : ............................................................................