Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Apr 1995 08:24:05 -0700
From:         nrubin@s1.csuhayward.edu (Martha Rubin)
Subject:      Bodega Dunes

The tally results are/were that a few people have already made their reservations thru mistix for Bodega Dunes. I plan to make mine today. The dates are June 2-4, meaning that you probably want to reserve Friday and Saturday nites.

The key here will be to make sure that as many as possible of us get there as early as possible on Friday morning. Mistix gives you a reservation, but doesn't assign you a particular campsite number, so we need to get in there early to pick the sites that suit us, and get them as adjacent as possible. As in the case of Big Sur, and Red Rock, I believe that they allow 2 vehicles per site, so planning in advance for doubling up will help. It may also be possible to fake something temporarily: while Bradley Prunehead and I were up there investigating sites, we learned that one might be successful at getting two sites with one vehicle....if you can arrange beforehead to have two adults in the car, plus one bicycle, and one tent (the latter as a "prop,"), then probably one of the adults can ride into the kiosk on the bike, carrying the tent, and get a space that way.

I STRONGLY URGE getting reservations, as we were told that these sites are very popular in weekends during this part of the season. The one thing we have in our favor is that school is not quite yet out at that time, although that may be regional.

Anyway, my suggestion is to call Mixtix - TODAY! If anyone needs further info, just e-mail me, or you're welcome to phone me at 510/376.4321

/martha