Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 04 Apr 95 20:09:57 CDT
From:         Joel Walker <JWALKER@ua1vm.ua.edu>
Subject:      repost: bus for sale (MD)

Article: rec.music.gdead.103933 From: BSOSComputerLab@bss1.umd.edu (William GoldBerg) Subject: Selling my 1970 VW bus in Maryland

I have a 1970 VW Bus which would be perfect for summer touring. Unfortunately, I will not be around for summer touring. I have a job which will cover pretty much all of the tour. Figured I'd try to sell it to someone who could put it to good use (I also have a motorcycle which I will be driving during the summer, so I won't need the bus and I hate to see it just sit there). Anyway, here are the specs: 1970 VW Bus, tan with white roof newly rebuilt engine (bought it, didn't rebuild it myself) warranty on engine good until October 1995 1600cc dual port (original was a single port, the upgrade in power is noticeable) doghouse oil cooler instead of standard (better cooling, doesn't have some of the problems the standard oil cooler had) Extractor Muffler instead of standard Blue Bosch coil (better spark) recently completely tuned (easy to do, will show how) less than 2,000 miles on new engine 34 Pict 3 carbureator rebuilt (bought it, didn't rebuild it myself) specific for 1600cc dual port engine electric choke transmission in good shape all four CV boots replaced last year, CV joints in good shape) transmission fluid replaced six months ago Shocks less than two years old Body one rust through in front of back right wheel well (planning to fix this weekend) dent around front left headlight (was there when I got the bus) (planning to try to fix this weekend) does not cause problems with headlight All glass in windows in good shape (no cracks, seals in good shape) some very minor dings (planning to coat and sand this weekend) Note: I am going to do the bodywork necessary (listed above), but I am not going to get it painted. If I got it painted, I would probably ask for more money (at least as much as the paint job). This way, whoever buys it will have it in the ready-to-paint mode, and can decide how to paint it (color schemes, painting place) themselves. Interior clean and in good shape Style The bus is a passenger bus, not a camper. The middle seat and the back seat do come out but I have them in at the moment. Miscellaneous Huge collection of spare parts box full of extra distributors box full of various carbuerators two extra, non-working engines could be rebuilt engine cores usually worth $50 to $100 when trading three or four extra rims A lot of other extra stuff Selling price: $2,500 (slightly negotiable) If interested, please e-mail me at bgold@bss2.umd.edu or call me at work at (301) 405-4173 or at home a (301) 490-4394. It is preferable to either e-mail me or call me at home. Bill