Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 1 Apr 1995 23:28:02 -0500
From:         av250@yfn.ysu.edu (Andy Thibodeau)
Subject:      GAS HEATER

I have one gas heater and one problem. Good news first, I have a Stewart-Warner gas heater for a bus model #8332. When I got it it didn't work at all. The combustion air/fuel pump motor was frozen up and there was rust most everywhere. Well now the only thin wrong with it is that the nozzle is blocked, but it is only a $20 part that is still available. I reconditioned the whole thing, sandblasted the frame, got the frozen motor to run, replaced the blower motor, fixed all the electrical connections, and cleaned everything up really good. It would work right at this moment but the nozzle. To think of the condition that I found it, in an old leaky shed on the ground frozen in a puddle. True story.

Well here comes my problem. I don't have a bus! Just a bug, and I got a 6v German heater from the same place for that. I have two options to remedy this delema: 1. Buy a bus. Not a bad idea. Anyone got a solid split windshield w/o engine in Downeast Maine? No? 2. Sell the unit. Good idea! I have an engine rebuild to finance. Anyone interested? Remember, it works!

Send all offers for buses and the heater to my E-mail as I subscribed only to write this message.

Andy