Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         7 Apr 1995 16:44:59 U
From:         Don Kane <Don_Kane@qmgate.arc.nasa.gov>
Subject:      Re: California Emissions...

Reply to: RE>>California Emissions...

Rusty says:

>Leave it to Rusty to obsrve the obvious but will someone please remind me >why EVERY Californian is moving to Arizona and Colorado?

>I absolutely do not intend to insult any past or present Californians >(Except Nixon) but to sympathize with the eternal crud that they are >subjected to. Add Smog Certificates to the other disasters.

What amazes me about this strange State (don't get me wrong, I'm a native and I love it here) is that they make us put up with this smog stuff, but we have nothing resembling a safety check like so many other states do. It makes things easier for us in some ways, but you should see some of the killer vehicles(and I don't mean that in the good way) on the road here. I have heard of people getting stopped for random safety checks and ticketed, but it's never happened to me or anyone I know directly, in 32 years of driving here. The only related ticket I ever got was for having Lucas Flamethowers on my '64 Corvair, back in 1965. And that was only because the CHP stopped me for passing him at about 70 (65 MPH speed limit at the time), and was embarassed to give me a ticket for speeding, so he found something else.

Don Kane Don_Kane@qmgate.arc.nasa.gov '85 Vanagon GL '87 Vanagon GL