Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         10 Apr 95  8:54:57 EDT
From:         Jon Peters/UB Networks <Jon_Peters@UB.com>
Subject:      Trading time-'58 Ghia Coupe for a '56 Panel (w/ brake light)

Hi All,

I'm in a trading mood and am in search of a '55 or '56 Panel Van in reasonably good shape (good original paint/repaint, no rust, no cut wheelwells, and no major dings) with Cab Divider, either the original 36 horse or a 40 horse motor (must be running and driveable from wherever to Silicon Valley area) and working electrical with original taillights/turnsignals(or semaphores)/ headlights. I've gotten permission from my In-Laws to use their old logo (H&E BMW, Palo Alto) on this van as H&E was one of the early BMW dealerships in the silicon valley area....the plan is to show this van and occaisionally use this as a working truck (and if I am lucky, my In-Laws may even let me park it in their BMW showroom to attract attention).

What have I got to trade? I have a very straight 1958 Karmann Ghia Coupe with a 40 horse/tunnel trans driveline (great daily driver), original wood roofrack (wood slats are good but need restoring), Repro EMPI 5 spoke wheels AND the original wheels (w/tires). I've put new reflectors in the taillights (coffin-shaped.... pre'60), repro cloisennet VW badge on the nose (nose has NEVER EVER BEEN HIT.... unbelieveable) and the interior was redone prior to my acquisition of this car.... It also has the original passing light relay (high beams flash every two seconds or so when you pull the turn signal lever back and hold it) that was put on European models, the baby diaper horn boot is original and in excellent shape, and the horns work.

I'd really rather not let go of this car, but in order to have space for this next project of mine (and to preserve harmony and peace with my wife), I've got to do some housecleaning/horsetrading..... My home # is 415-965-2599 or drop me an E note... TIA

Jon '50 DeLuxe Beetle '55/'56 (Wanna hava, Gonna hava) Panel Van '58 Karmann Ghia Coupe (could be yours if you have my Panel) '59 Karmann Ghia Cabriolet '60 Beetle Cabriolet '71 SuperBeetle (Original Onwer) '86 Jetta GL '90 Syncro Westfalia