Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Apr 1995 10:35:43 -0700
From:         wabbott@townshend.Corp.Megatest.COM (William Abbott)
Subject:      Kelly Park VW show, valuable documents and sheetmetal

Friends, This was an EXCELENT weekend for my bay-window single-cab. Saturday, Ian and I went to Pick and Pull and got brake fluid resivior parts and spares, and made a major find: The sheet-metal pannel that covers the master-cylinder, handbrake cables, etc. My 69 came without one, Ken's 71 came without one and my 70 pickup came without one, and I can'r recall ever seeing one before, but I've got one now! $10!! Does anyone else not have one of these beauties for their T2? It does a kinda-important job and in my experience, they're rare. When I get it cleaned up, I'll pull dimensions from it. Should I look into having duplicates vaccuformed out of heavy PVC, or make fibreglas replicas? Am I the only guy it really bothered to not have one?

The Kelly Park VW show was amazing! Lots of cool, cool, busses, including a split-window crew cab with Microbus roof windows (way too pretty) and a 76 crewcab that appears to be a former Nato vehicle- now in primer, some body damage, guy drove it to the show, I should have gotten his address. I heard a rumor that the asking price was $3K. If I haddn't already started a project.... :-( sometimes it's better not to know. I think I saw this transporter for sale in the early 80s in Marin County. It's overall German Army Dark Olive Green, medium brown interior, primer on the exterior surfaces. Does anyone here know who owns this one?

At the show I obtained a 1968 T2 illustrated parts book- basicly the fiche in printed form, updated through late 1972. At some time in the future, I could try making copies of it, but if anyone needs part numbers or illustrations, I've got the material!

We ran into one other Vanagon list member, and I'm sorry, I've forgotten his name (he knew mine, and hailed me as I was going into hypoglycemic shock and headed for the hot-dog line... I'm afraid I wasn't very coherent, and I'm sorry. We found his synchro westy and trailer but he wasn't around. Never did see Bradley or Martha, or the alledged videos of the Red Rock Trip... Some other time, I guess.

I haven't made my NETSURFNUGEN tee shirt yet, so I could only recognize and be recognized by people I've met at Martha's pot-luck or the Big Sur trip.

I hope your weekend was as good!