Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 11 Apr 1995 01:09:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:         william killian <killian@gcr.com>
Subject:      Re: thing question

On Mon, 10 Apr 1995, Martha Rubin wrote:

> > (ducking from Gerry's potential wrath) - ok, ok, I know it's not > exactly "bus"-related, but it IS VW related, so I'll make my > teeny, insignificant band-width-wasting post, and then hope for > some private e-mail replies. > > At the San Jose meet this weekend, I saw a VW Thing (181, Safare, > Trekker, etc.), probably either a '73, or a '74, since I believe > those were the only two years that vehicle was for sale in this > country. I'd forgotten how much I like them, and have since > subscribed myself to the Thing mailing list, although no > messages have come thru since yesterday (vanagon.lenti they > are NOT). > > Anyway, do any of you VW gurus out there have some tasty info > on them you'd like to e-mail my way? > > Thanks! > > > /martha rubin > nrubin@s1.csuhayward.edu > '81 westy (puke eggnog {ivory}). And yes, it has AC, and 3 levers :) > '79 bug 'vert (white)

As you might know by now I have a '73 thing. I'm planning on reinvigorating it as a even more sport utility kind of 'thing'. To get Van content, I'm hoping to use my EV MV to travel towing the Thing behind as a run around vehicle. The EV isn't the ATV the old Westys were/are.

I've never received any mail from the thing list.

bill killian '93 EV MV '73 Thing