Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 11 Apr 1995 10:55:03 -0400
From:         KevinM9696@aol.com
Subject:      SingleCab for Sale/trade 3000.00 obo

I have a 65 single cab (pick-up) in good restorable condition 1300cc SP (323a heads) pict 28 6/12v recently rebuilt 12v conversion (lights,bulbs,12v gen,v-reg) new brake lines, master cylinder, shoes etc., tires,shocks and new steering damper newly rewired, new gas tank, float/gauge

Mechanically this thing has been pretty well gone over. It will need a steering box eventually as even with new tie-rods, drag link and steering damper it still has a bit too much play for my taste. It runs great, pulls fine, and handles well, like a small pick-up truck.... I drive it daily back and forth to the post office and the local recycle center (Boy do I get looks pullin in there....)

Body panels are straight with the exception of a spare tire divit on the nose where I imagine someone nuzzled a rock or a hard place....

I have removed the back half of the upper bed to access the gas tank area and the engine compartment. This area had the worst rust anyway as two largish hay-bales were perched for years there and acted as large sponges soaking up the summer humidity..

Some minor rust bubbles on the basement door(s) yes! there ARE opposing basement doors on this model, both operated by the church-key latch and are solid and operable (church-key latches on the gas tank cover and engine compartment door as well) although a bit sticky.

Hinged side panels are the stakeside variety, not the usual tin, but as this is the third `cab I've seen in recent months like this I assume them to be an aftermarket variation...? Uses the same hook and pintel arrangement the tin side does, looks profesionally made out of 1" square tubing, and is solid as a rock, although a small 3" section up front needs to be replaced. Had intended to have my local upholstery shop make some nice canvas side panels for these as they would look quite nice from what I've seen.

NOS & original stock is pretty good. Lenses, turn and brake all fine, uncracked. Headlight shells and glass are 100% intact. split window glass is orig, no fog as are side glass and small rear window. Window seals are in good shape for being 30 years old, but obviously door and basement rubber while intact should be replaced.

Have spare passenger door, bare metal good shape (door on cab has seperated from bottom hinge, just bought this door to replace it) Also have all orig. 6v parts in working condition (gen, gen stand, fan and shroud, lamps, bulbs, 6v turn sig indicator, NEW battery, etc.etc.)

Recently purchased a 67 panel Bus as a parts bus for this guy and if the negotiation goes well will throw the remaindered items in with the package. Includes a running spare 1500SP w/12v flywheel, a nice set of rims, more glass and windows, hardware and misc. goodies.

Prefer to sell outright (3000.00 +/-) but will consider any and all interesting trade-ins. Am specifically looking for a Ghia vert, or a Brazilian Ghia, a pre `65 Beetle vert, or a clean 914 (squashBug)

Kevin Murray -FEETSFirst Films 904.622.5802 (north Florida)

65 SingleCab (fs 3200.00) 67 PanelBus (fs ???? ) 68 Beetle (fs ???? ) 69 Beetle (in resto) 72 Westie (Daily driver) 72 G.Boy motorhome (office) 73 Travco motorhome (fs 6200.00) 74 412 Variant wagon (in resto) 76 Rabbit (fs ???? )