Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 13 Apr 1995 15:40:30 -0700
From:         wabbott@townshend.Corp.Megatest.COM (William Abbott)
Subject:      /f Mermen show, teeshirts

Folks, its THURSDAY and I'm just getting the digest from MONDAY- S l o o o w e m a i l . . .

Actually, I didn't make it to the show myself. I spent most of the lighted part of the day getting parts for my single-cab and working on it, and my brother was kind enough to help through all that, and so I finished dinner with a friend at about 11:20pm. I figured the band would get along without me ok. I'd triple booked the day :-)

My friends Sarah and Lorne and Joe went, and Joe reports that it was pretty much the same as their CD Food For Other Fish (their first CD, and my favorite- recorded in 2 days direct to 2 track DAT). Joe also said it was wickedly loud in the club, and people who arrived later packed like sardines, with a line outside. The Mermen played a solid hour and a half set from 10:00 to 11:30, and then took a break, to presumably return and play from 12:00 to 1:30. My friends left at the break.

DO take ear protection if you see these guys in a small place!

I hope to make the May 19th show, and won't have anything except work that day :-( But I like the sardines in loud sauce thing- reminds me of body surfing! And I'll bring extra ear protection for friends.

You'll be able to tell who I am because I'm going to go to Kinko's Copies and turn my .sig file graphic into a tee shirt. I'll report on how well this works, and whether they can do the same thermal printing on flannel. As far as I can tell, the process is a C O L O R transfer, so I'm going to try a big water-color wash over the b&w image, as well as straight b&w. (or gee, do it green or amber on black!) I figure white and maroon, and white and sea blue are the hot setups.

I blew-up the image below to fill an 8 1/2 X 11 inch sheet (A4 for non-north americans) in two steps, 200% enlargement and then 195% enlargement. So anything that fits in 10(V) X 29(H) characters would take the same 390% enlargement to 8.5 X 11. I'm actually hoping the tranfer image size is 11 X 14, we'll see.

There are a number of wonderful .sigs in this group, and being able to turn one's .sig into a shirt at onesy-twosy prices and effort would be cool- imho. Heck, we could trade autographs at the tour and such...

Just a thought.