Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 Apr 1995 10:44:39 -0700
From:         nrubin@s1.csuhayward.edu (Martha Rubin)
Subject:      Bodega Bay

Ok, the response has been profound about Bodega Bay! I'm talking like maybe 9 vehicles! Way to go, you geeks! Now, the verdict is not yet in on the date, but I wanted to call attention to something at least one of you pointed out, and that is that Memorial weekend is THE weekend everyone goes out camping/picnicing, etc., and that everbody and their brother will be out then (sorry, Brad, that's an "expression" that we "old" people used to use in days of yore ;)> Anyway, keeping that in mind, I rather wonder whether the first weekend in June might be preferable to avoid as many crowds, and to get a better site.

Next item on the agenda: I have maps and am looking at camping possibilities in the Bodega Bay area. I know there are a lot of diehard campers out there with considerable experience, and am wondering if someone can give a recommendation for a truly inspirational location?

In the meantime, I strongly suggest that all of you go out and rent the movie that made the town famous: Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds. After seeing that movie, I thought it might be kinda fun if we all go boating up there on the lake, and see if we can find the lawyer's house. I think one can either bring your own boat, or rent them there, but I'll see what more specifically I can find out. Another thing to do would be to visit the restaurant which is in the movie. No great shakes, I'm told, but we ought to be able to pick up a decent bowl of clam chowder there!

/martha