Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 Apr 1995 17:25:12 -0700
From:         Bill Moseley <moseley@netcom.com>
Subject:      Re: Bodega Bay

>Ok, the response has been profound about Bodega Bay! I'm talking like >maybe 9 vehicles! Way to go, you geeks! Now, the verdict is not yet >in on the date, but I wanted to call attention to something at least >one of you pointed out, and that is that Memorial weekend is THE >weekend everyone goes out camping/picnicing,

Well, if you are still taking votes - I'd be interested in the second weekend (since my Memorial Day is already booked).

BTW - I hit Red Rock a couple of days after you all were there (I checked around for spare VW parts left behind w/o luck). Nice place to camp. From there on to Death Valley where the rear brakes became *way* loose on a washboard road (a story goes here that has to do with the dangers of jacking up the bus, but another time). Other than loosing a hub cap on one of those "4x4 only" roads, patching the muffler with some metal I cut from an old water tank in the middle of nowhere, and almost running out of beer!, the '64 did great adding on another 1600 miles. We even took it into Vegas for a shine (ok, it was my boots that got the shine). Anyway, I was really glad that I had the bus and left the Jeep Wagoneer at home. Want to buy a jeep?

Bill | moseley@netcom.com |