Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 15 Apr 95 12:46:44 EDT
From:         ja@decws3.coe.wvu.edu (John Anderson)
Subject:      Bus for Sale (not mine)

Somebody asked if a '65 Deluxe round here I had mentioned was still for sale, my mail lost your return address and unfortunately the guy sold it for his asking price a couple of days after I looked at it.

However if anyone is looking, just noticed

'77 Westy, many new parts etc. Price ?

and

'73 Bus, engine blown, body excellent, $350

I will go look at both as I have this mission in life to know the location of more VW transporters in WV, east OH, and southwest PA, then anyone else in the area. Self appointed task and I have probably looked at 50+ Buses in the last 7 or 8 years, searching for parts or just a nice Bus in the middle of the rust belt. Anyway if anyone in PA, OH, WV, VA, MD, etc is looking email me and I'll give a report on them later next week. The '73 could be a deal if in any shape whatsoever but I stress, people around here will say a Bus with gaping holes in the floor and rockers is cherry so don't get your hopes up. I stress, deals do happen, my '71 was amazingly rust free with an origional 68,000 on it, one owner for most of its life then sold to an idiot who didn't know anything about them and hit a deer so I got it for $350 with zero rust and a fairly light front hit, a good bargain in my book.

Oh and incidently, I also saw a 78 or 79, with the Vanagon style front seats stripped by the road on a parts run, it is sitting beside a burnt out CB shop by the interstate up near Allentown, PA, all glass and interior was gone but the hydraulic lifter Type 4 and a automatic tranny with all linkage etc was still in the Bus in unknown condition, I figure one or the other sidelined te bus but surely not both, this trans looks like a Vanagon trans BTW not like the early '70's autos, and should certainly be worth something to someone, if anyones interested, I might still have a friend up there who could inquire but I figure from the condition they would be near free if you pulled them, And front axle, rear suspension and all wheels were still there as well.

John Anderson ja@coe.wvu.edu