Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 May 1995 22:09:05 -0600 (MDT)
From:         bheavner@nyx.cs.du.edu (Ben Heavner)
Subject:      A few problems ...

Hello! I'm having a couple problems with my '77 bus.

First, the turn signals don't work. Further, when I pull the emergency flasher, I burn fuse 6 (or 7?) Does it make sence that the problem is just the emergency flasher switch?

Next, the bus doesn't like starting cold. It's having fuel delivery problems, but I'm not sure what the best way to go about troubleshooting/fixing the problems. I know the temperature sensor is fine, and I tested the thermo-time switch (per Haynes Manual cold start valve leads), and it seems no good. Next, I pulled the injectors (I just got the bus, so don't bother me about lack of maintenance), and there was bad news. One injector had nothing, one was bad, one was good, and it was too late in the evening to check the last one or the cold start valve. Do I need to drain the tank and replace fuel lines and everything (it sat ~6 months before I got it)? What is the next thing I should check?

Wasn't there someone who was selling a complete FI system on here a while back?

Finally, although it is embarrassing (sp?) to ask this, where is the fuel filter? The Haynes manual isn't designed for the 2000 cc, and it hasn't just jumped out at me as I've looked a bit.

Thanks in advance! ben