Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         1 May 95 13:30
From:         L.S.Griffiths@physics.salford.ac.uk
Subject:      Volksfest last weekend

Hi all,

Well for the usually UK crew, which I met down at volksfest, they know all about it, but for those who didn't make it here's what was happnin'

I was a bit disappointed with the size of the event this time - it was a bit small and there weren't many small traders - I just love fishing through boxes of junk to find them little gems. So all I cam away with was a left hand fish-eye lens for 3 quid - bargain, the chrome was perfect, all it needed was a bit of t-cut and it was as good as an NOS one. I've got this thing about collecting fish eye lenses, I've got threee spare ones now, two of which are NOS and the rest are almost as good. With the last set I bought I pulled off the amber filter off the back and got some orange bulbs instead - it make the indicators look white/clear now.

Also the drag racing was a bit tame, I prefer the awesome powers of the top fuelers as apose to the street ans super street classes the outlaw anglia were cool though.

I met up with:

Neal & Jane Heath & his mate Andy & Anne

Got wrecked with Andy and Anne and my girlfriend, Helen, on Saturday night.

I put my bus in the show'n'shine on the sunday and came away with 'Best Type II split' - not too difficult since mine was the only split that entered :)

soz that, heath didn't come away with any prizes, but I voted for yer mate. The kemp bug is really in a class of its own, and what a paint job and interior - well done Heath :)

Well the next meet for me is err, next weekend, cool - Stanford Hall '95 the split screen van club is going on a cruze down there they wreckon the cruze gets to be over a mile long - full of splitties, anyone going apart from me ??

Question is will the dreaded gearbox rumble appear again ?

Lee.

'64 samba l.s.griffiths@physics.salford.ac.uk lee@cranial.demon.co.uk http://146.87.136.48