Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 May 1995 11:28:27 -0600 (MDT)
From:         Stuart Hutton <hutton@poly.oscs.montana.edu>
Subject:      Update on engine installation: MT has 2 again

Hello Vanagon List Members, Here is a late breaking update on my engine installation. You may recall in previous episodes that the explosion of my engine on Bozeman Pass was preserved in one of Will Self's stories. My new engine has now been installed and it is running very well. Yesterday I was able to run it about 300 miles and it performed flawlessly.

However, I now have a question. I was allowed to keep my fuel pump (it is a diesel engine) and I want to know: How does one keep an unused fuel pump in storage? I think that I want to place it in a large covered container of automatic transmission fluid, but maybe someone on the list has a better idea. I also have my water pump which I need to store and I think that transmission fluid may work there also. However, I need advice from the list about this. Has anyone successfully stored their fuel pump? Stuart Hutton 1982 diesel vanagon camper