Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 01 May 1995 21:57:51 +0600
From:         anon869@vt.edu (Christopher Bridge)
Subject:      More tidbits on my bus

I figures out that I had the pressure fitting for a bug on my bus. This was supposed to screw onto the spare tire- this explains my confusion. I cut a tire valve off and simply screwed it into the female fitting. That part works fine, but the whole system looses pressure very quickly. I guess I have a leak to hunt down. Thanks for all the help.

I have a week till classes are out, and then its time to do some serious work on the bus. How about this one- what do you do with the fresh air hoses when you install a extractor system? I had been running them around the extractor and clampint them onto the heater boxes. I was thinking about trying to fit the small air boxes off a stock muffler onto the extractor. What is the lists opinion?

BTW- the deal with the new engine- I relentlessly hunted down every oil leak I could find, only to find the engine burns oil! Bummer. I figure that with 115~120 psi, the only thing that could be really worn is the valve guides. I am really at a loss for an exact mileage on this engine, but it only has to last through the summer.

Thanks to all-

Chris Bridge

''71 Westy (Sportsmobile?) Favorite quotes: "Virginia Tech- yea, the best 5, or maybe even 6 years of your life." "They even throw in the stomach ulcers for free." E-mail: cbridge@vt.edu