Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 May 95 19:39:44 EDT
From:         ja@decws3.coe.wvu.edu (John Anderson)
Subject:      Re:  Pirelli/Vanagon Tires

Well before knocking them totally, I was wrong in saying I didn't like all Pirelli, actually I ran 210P winters on the Corrado with great results. Sorry, I forgot about winter tires totally. As to Michelin performance tires the H20 FAQ and I agree with someones statement, utter crap on the wet, this includes the MXX and all iterations of the MXV used often on Accords. However for FWD and 4WD on the Quantum I loved the XGT H4, agressive all season and held like a bear, alas not available in 50 series sizes for the Corrado but H rated and would probably fit a Van but the standard question, is that H rated sidewall as stiff as a C load range tire? Certainly they will only carry a 35 psi max inflation and lower load rating, though it seems it was higher than normal, being an 88H instead of 85H maybe. A lot of Z rated stuff has 45 psi inflation limit but I don't think we're going to quite need that. On the Corrado I'm currently using a very nice Sumitomo HTR4, the only thing available in a M+S 195/50 15 and only H rated, had a 40,000 mile treadwear warranty too. I bought the car with M+S Z rated Toyo Proxes that only lasted 15,000 miles (typical on a Corrado I guess) the Sumitomo's are doing very nicely at 8000 miles look new, Sumitomo is the current owner of Dunlop and maybe General. Good luck with tires everyone.

John Anderson ja@coe.wvu.edu '71 Westy, '90 Corrado G60.