Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 2 May 1995 01:42:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:         william killian <killian@gcr.com>
Subject:      Re: East Coast(ers), Particularly DC Metro People

On Mon, 1 May 1995, THOMAS CARRINGTON wrote:

> Pete: I was there! And so was another listmember, Peter Krogh! He had the Westy > on the street, and I had the Notchback directly across the street from the bar. > When I got there at 6:15pm, I was worried when I small the meager group in the > bar. I asked the bartender if he knew if there were any VW nuts there, and he > looked at me like I was crazy! Luckily, Peter heard me, introduced himself,and > we hung out for a hour and half or so.We were hoping for others, but nobody else > came in. Did you sneak in the back way? We had a good time ,wish we connected > with you. (Next time, lets all wear a VW hat or something!)

Sorry we weren't involved. I'm often so backlogged that I dsometimes read mail about events that I just missed - such as this. Ooops...

> Now, for the second part. I am going to Bug-Out in Manassas, Virginia on May > 29th. For those that have never been, it costs $10.00 to get in. The parking lot > is about a 1/2 mile walk to the entrance. I plan on entering my Notchback in the > show. Not that the Notch is show-quality (after all, Al called it "decrepit"), > but it's cheap parking! It only costs $15.00 to enter the show, which includes > one admission. Now, I consider $5.00 to park in the middle of the action well > worth it. I usually bring a Hibachi, a beach umbrella and a cooler of food & > drink. I think I might of convinced Peter to enter his Westy in the show, too. > Does anybody want to hook up down there? Hey, food is expensive there--lets cook > out together! Since Pete got kinda burned on the last one, I will be willing to > take care of logistics on this one. > > We have 3 weeks to get it together guys. If we dont, I bet the West Cost people > are going to FLAME us real bad... :)

Well I'm going to go with my family. We live a good 4 or 5 miles east of the Speedway on the western edge of Dale City. We'll be packed into the EuroVan to get there - our Thing is not quite ready for events beyond the driveway.

Safeest thing to be sure to get email to me several days in advance - I believe Pete has our phone number as well - as does the Prince Willy phone book :)

bill and diane killian '93 EV MV '73 Thing