Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 May 1995 15:02:19 +0100 (BST)
From:         "M.Grant" <mty016@coventry.ac.uk>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon with Porsche power.

On Thu, 11 May 1995 L.S.Griffiths@physics.salford.ac.uk wrote:

> Now you must have heard about my mate that's puttin' the 911T in his > 23-window... > > We had to make some adapter bushes for the tranny spigot the other > day. He is putting the engine onto a 5-speed bus tranny with hydraulic > clutch. He had to get a bus flywheel redrilled to bolt to the Porshe > crank. The engine is as good as in now and uses Type III (I think) > engine mounts at the rear sides on to a plate that bolts onto the rear > of the engine. Oh, by the way he put a '74 chassis onto the bus body!

Yes, I remember you saying about your mate. Sounds like a talented guy. Is he sticking with the '74 drums on the rear or going for after market discs? I'd always thought if I ever actually got round to making my dream bus (21/23 windows+Porsche power+ball joint front end etc etc etc yawn got no ideas of your own son?) it would probably need some uprating in the brake department to say the least :)

Going for the bay window chassis is a very neat way of getting round any steering & suspension limitations that the splittie might have when fitted with such a big motor.

Look foward to seeing it around the shows; Any idea when?

cheers Marcus '70 bus (2 litre engine, drums all round and sloppy steering =:0 ) __ Marcus Grant mty016@uk.ac.cov