Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 May 95 11:39:17 PDT
From:         lars@RNS.COM (Lars Poulsen)
Subject:      ****** URGENT ****** Re:  Children's Wish Foundation

From: "McGinnis Terry" >

I know that this is not a Type II issue, but this just came through on my e-mail, and I thought that it would get a wide distribution from the list. Flame me if you like for the perceived waste of bandwidth, but it is for a good cause.

Thanks, --terry

Terry, PLEASE SEND OUT A MESSAGE CANCELING THAT REQUEST to everyone that you sent this to, and also to the person who you got this from !!!

Craig Shergold is a boy who lived in England (I forget whether it was Liverpool, Birmingham or Manchester) and who about 5 years ago, when he was 7 years old was diagnosed with a brain tumor. The appeal for post cards went out, and has been going around and around and around since then.

Some wealthy American was touched by the appeal and put up the money for Craig to have surgery, which was successful. Craig today lives a normal life, somewhere in the eastern U.S.A., and is by now about 12 years old..

Meanwhile, the postcards are still pouring in to that British hospital, wasting much needed hospital staff time, as they sort through the post cards to find the business mail for the hospital as well as the get-well cards for the current patients.

Because of all the trouble created by this long-standing incident, the Guiness Book of Records has permanently retired the category for most postcards.

You also have the name of that foundation wrong !!

PLEASE be as insistent in getting this killed as you have been in getting it spread. And please, no more follow-up to the list.

/ Lars Poulsen, Rockwell Network Systems

OB Vanagon questions, please reply directly (or at least change the subject):

1) Is there a FAQ ? Where ? I'm looking for an overview of model variations, configurations, which engines were in which model years etc.

2) I just bought an 87 Westy camper with 74000 miles on it. (for $15K!) Assuming everything that I can find during the 30 day warranty gets fixed perfectly, how much per year should I expect to spend on maintenance ?