Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 May 95 14:22:15 CDT
From:         Joel Walker <JWALKER@ua1vm.ua.edu>
Subject:      Chasing the Unknowns Again (groan) ...

ok. pleading and threats didn't do any good, so i'm gonna have to fulfill my promises of dire consequences here!!! all you Unknowns (meaning i don't know what year/model bus you drive) have some choices:

- tell me directly (you don't have to reply to the whole list ... and that's a u-a-ONE-v-m in my email address: jwalker@ua1vm.ua.edu) what year and model (camper, single-cab pickup, adventurewagen, dormobile, etc.) or modelS (you lucky devil, you!) you have. doesn't matter if it's running or not. as long as it's yours.

- tell me directily (etcl) that you are a Wanabus (meaning: you plan on buying a bus sometime in the next 20 years and are simply USING the rest of us shamelessly to gather information toward that end).

- ignore this. in which case, i'll probably do this again in a month or so. :) you don't HAVE to tell me anything, but i would appreciate it ... it soothes my sense of "lookit all that data out there!!!"

now. what happens to the info you give me? well, it goes into a little dippy file on a big ibm, and every friday, i make up the Weakly Stats and send it out to the vanagon/bus mailing list. what else? well, that's about it.

the ONLY people that have access to it are the folks on this list, and ONLY if i send it to them. sometimes folks want to know who the others are in their state or city, and i send that out.

so let's get them fingers fleetly flying across those klackity keyboards and at least lower the number of Unknowns down below the level of the Microbus population.

and we thank you for your support. joel