Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 May 95 12:18:55 CDT
From:         Joel Walker <JWALKER@ua1vm.ua.edu>
Subject:      Re: Will Self's last post?

On Fri, 12 May 95 11:48:22 CDT Dave Kautz said: > Why no more <f> posts from Will Self? No more adventures of Willy and > von Wokker? No more "altered" poetry and songs? > Are we not worthy? Are Internet censors at work? Are Fridays being abolished?

There comes a time, in the lives of all Academics, that the heavy mantle of Scholastic Responsibility can be lifted from those broad shoulders of the Educationally Empowered, and can be laid to rest for yet one more season of Summer and Solace.

It is undoubtedly to this far, far better place and time that our dear departed friend and contributor, Will "Bill the Bard" Self, has now gone. We will, of course, miss him very much. But we can all take comfort in the sure and certain knowledge that when the swallows come back to Capistrano, and the autumn leaves have turned to brown, so too must the dreary, mocking hordes of youthful vermin return to the Hallowed Halls of High Hopes, pretending to seek out that Knowledge of Life and Universe, and that once again, those responsible Men and Women who protect Society from those that only Spend and Wait, those Educators par Excellence, will be there to ensure adherence to the grade curve.

Fridays will continue. They will not be the same, until the days of Summer begin to wane, and the call of the loon is once again heard on the lake. Those of us left to carry the Burdens of Banter will shoulder on as best we are able, straining under the Summer Heat and Humidity, pleading for a drink from the Cup of Inspiration, a drop or two from the Fountain of Knowledge.

Yes, Friends, it is to this End that we must Re-Dedicate our efforts and all our Strength and Purpose! We must never forget that Friday is the End of the Week! And we shall never let the memory of Will "Who, me?" Self be diminished by the Ravages of Time and Space, even though the rat bastard ran off and left us.

> Please, Will, please - My friends will all drop me like a moldy sandwich if > I don't forward your creativity and sense of humor to them every Friday.

so what am i? chopped liver??? sheesh!!

:)