Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 25 Jun 95  18:56:50 EDT
From:         "Timothy D.F. Maddox" <TDMADD01@ulkyvm.louisville.edu>
Subject:      Ever put in one of them wiper delays?

Its been a hot day, sittin in the buss, starring at all those wire, and coming up short, get it, every time. I asked about using a three prong flasher relay in a 69 buss. Seems I got in to much of a hurry putting in those pretty new gauges. Turned it on, heard the blinker go off a few times, along with some popping noise, and now no turn signals. Well, I ain't smart enough to quite. Seems I got this here window wiper delay switch, you know, one of them fits all cars kind. Hooked up a bunch of wires, located the slow speed wire, or I think that's the one, hooked up to the power. When I just turn on the slow speed it works. But when I turn on the delay, the wipers just kick down a bit then no movement as the wires to the delay box get hot and, If I wait, the fuse goes. I've gone through a mess of those fuses today--and they are a bit harder to find and pricer when you do. So? Anyone else tried to attach one of these or should I just enjoy the bus as it was and dream of the sixties?

Tim