Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 Jun 95 11:09:07 EDT
From:         BSNICH01@ulkyvm.louisville.edu
Subject:      GNATT

Hey Pete! Margarita and I were just upstream from ya at BBTA! I realize people may forget names but how can ya forget the loudest pants at the event! BTW, what is the bimonthly pub by VW and how does one get it? ---stopping for toys eh? A man after my own heart. Of course... SOMEONE at BBTA spent the rent money on toys... we don't need to mention the guilty party by name do we JOEL! Now that I have Joel's attention, to comment (rather late) on your trip report, I did NOT dress in camoflage gear for my nightime requisition of the picnic table from way up the hill. I wore the patchwork guatemalan pants (mentioned previously here) which were quite loud, AND a bright purple shirt with 2 large white skulls and peace symbol emblazoned across the front. Hardly stealth gear. Also, it took Margarita and I nearly 20-30 minutes to carry the table to the van. We had help from some guy for about the last 100ft. Somehow the table seemed MUCH smaller in the dark.

Ahhh, the tuna bombers. I started having flashbacks to when I was in the infantry (kinda scares those of you who met me huh? Hippie types with guns...RUN! Anyway, I think I had a few nights where I bolted upright from sleep yelling "INCOMING!" I'm feeling MUCH better now. I love the smell of tuna in the morning!

To all at BBTA, thanks for the company. Pete--Eurovans don't handle well in mud either--hahahahaha

Anyway, Southeastern people, how about something in the smokies or maybe The Breaks (KY-VA Park)? Maybe a short rally with a few stops ending near cumberland falls in time for the moonbow?