Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 Jun 95 11:44:19 -0400
From:         sjteets@unity.ncsu.edu (Jason Teets)
Subject:      Wash. DC (G.Dead) trip report/Killer bus sighting

Camping in DC area:

On our first night (Fri.) we drove almost too Fredricksburg VA and camped at a very nice truck stop (pilot). We were able to shower there for 6 bucks (they supplied the towels and soap). We drove into DC abot 10 am an found free shaded parking near the engraving building? and wash mon. The lot was supposed to be 3 hour parking but everbody around us stayed all day. We didn't have sat. tickets and we were going to a wedding shower that evening so we visited the museum of natural history. After the wedding shower (in Reston Va) we camped on a nieghborhood street (the couple getting married asked us to go to a party with them after the shower and said it would be ok to park there all night). On the way home we stayed at a rest stop.

Cool bus at the show:

There was a KILLER bus at the show, it was an early mercedees that was set up like an early VW camper. This thing was HUGE, and had double wheels in the back. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture or get to go inside the thing, but it definately was an interesting looking beast!

mechanical stuff:

The engine is leaking oil somewhere so that the engine compartment is getting very oily. I have replaced the gaskets for the oil cooler but thet didn't fix it. The main oils seal is leaking--could this cause the engine compartment to get oily. So I am going to yank the engine--again.

All said it was a good time (except the idiots selling N2O balloons, I hate those F%$#ing people with a passion)

jason 71 westfalia and S. beetle, 59 single cab