Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Jun 1995 09:44:18 -0700
From:         djross@csupomona.edu (Dave Ross, djross@csupomona.edu)
Subject:      air conditioning??

Fellow brick owners, I am a new person to the list and have been reading(not responding) for the last month. I can't wait to get home from school(Cal. Poly Pom.) each day and read the list. I have owned VW's since I was 15 1/2, so over 10 years now. I recently had my 63 vert stolen from in front of my girl- friends house:(. On the rebound, I found a 71 campmobile for $500 with a blown engine, but the good part is that everything else was complete. I have since rebuilt the engine and am having the tran. rebuilt before taking a trip to Sequoia & Yosemite Nation Parks this next weekend. Now here is the reason why you have to read this posting...there is a bus on my street that has what looks to be an electric air conditioner across the inside of the ceiling, right behind the drivers head. Are these kind of ac's run off the gen/alt.?? If so are they still around and how well do they work?? I don't mind having German ac, but these S. Cal. summers do get hot once in a while. Oh yes, I have a 60 bus(eur) that I am trying to get rid of. It never runs right and whoever had it before me changed it to 12v and did not complete the job. The turn signals don't work, the flasher they put in is two pronged, where the stock one was three. Also it has a new alt. and the bat. keeps running low. I app. the comments and am a soul mate to any VW that drives buy. Dave Ross 60 eur. 71 campermobile (with tent) 68 BMW 2002 (next project) 85 jetta djross@csupomona.edu ================== RFC 822 Headers ==================