Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Jun 95 19:27:35 BST
From:         etlclwe@etlxdmx.ericsson.se (Carl Waite XL/FEF 4143)
Subject:      Re: noise from wheel well

Sami,

Could still be the CV's, checking the boot or even dismantling the CV and inspecting can't guarantee that they are OK (or so it seemed for my '73 Kombi) The thing about the noise disappearing after jacking up the van seems to tie in with this too, this happened to me, noise just vanished, don't know why exactly, Joel had some theories though.... I replaced the offending CV's and haven't had a problem since, also repacked the rest whilst playing with that horrible goo that CV's seem to like.

Carl etlclwe@etlxdmx@ericsson.se