Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 Jun 95  00:47:45 EDT
From:         "Timothy D.F. Maddox" <TDMADD01@ulkyvm.louisville.edu>
Subject:      Liquid wrench OD and that stupid shock absorber

Thanks for responding with a few suggestion. The problem is the bottom bolt holding on the rear right shock. I got the nut off, it was a 17mm, but the bolt, a 19 mm, will not budge--#@%*@--. I tried using my breaker bar, I even pulled out my old bent torque wrench I bent a few years ago on a rear shock of a bug, but no go. The space is limited so I can't get a lot of leverage. I tried pounding from the nut side, it will not slide-- The idea of heat is interesting. There is a lot of metal surrounding that bolt, I would have to go out and get a butane torch. Surely it wouldn't cost more than paying to have the suckers put in, I man I hate to give in. I'm alot of years from that air compressor and that impact wrench, and man it wore me down workin that bolt. What do you think, could heat work on that much metal, and wouldn't it make the hole the bolt is in tighter?

Tim