Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 6 Jun 1995 11:13:22 -0400
From:         Ramona71@aol.com
Subject:      It's a Man's World...

Friends; Lo, I have had, now, my very forst road-side emergency with Ramona. Yesterday, coming home, she got herself a flat tire. I wrestled her to the emergency shoulder and actually found myself half pleased at this opportunity to handle our first emergencia; a kind of induction into the Hall of VW Love. Everything was going just fine; I got the spare offa the front mount, got the hub cap pryed offa the wheel, and began to umphh the lugs when suddenly, out of nowhere came an inebriated man in an equally intoxicated TransAm. First thought?; "Greeaatt..." This guy saunters over to me and as he puts his hand on my straining back says " Lemme do that, honey." I thought I might scream, but said, instead, "That's alright! It's just a flat. I can do it, but thanks for stopping!" Drunk Boy then proceded to take the star wrench from my hands and let me in on a smug lil' secret: he'd just gotten out of work early, and in celebration was guzzling "a few Buds" on the way home. With this, I decided it was best to let him change the tire for me. Papa always told me to mark when I could control a situation and when I couldn't; that way, I could. Suffice to say, my moment of miniscule glory was robbed by a sloshed DUDE in a sports car who probably drove away thinking he'd just saved my feeble life. I made my apologies to Ramona, double-checked Dude's work and drove home cursing men. I know most of you men on this list would've handled this same situation differently, and that's great, but still keep in mind this tale of woe the next time you see a woman on the side of the road; it may be me. Other women on this list, I'd like to hear from you. Any similar road side tangos??? What should you do? What can you do?? It's improper to mace a guy who insists on helping you change a flat, isn't it??????? *damn* ; ) Such is Tradition. What to do? Rach & Ramona