Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 Jun 95 12:15:40 EDT
From:         ja@decws3.coe.wvu.edu (John Anderson)
Subject:      Re: Cool Vanagon Trucks

I was just wondering, I figure most of these being seen were imported in the late '80's by a company in the midwest, that used to advertise in VW Trends and Hot VW's. Every month there was an add back in the classifieds with a picture of a crew cab syncro Vanagon, I think they were coming from Australia or somewhere where they were quite common, the add used to say they were available with ridiculous options like leather interiors and full power crap and I think the price then was about $25k when a normal syncro in '87 or so was probably going at what $18k or so? Anyway, does anybody remember these adds and know anything about the company? I'm wondering how many came in and when it becam too hard to import them to make it worth while, I think the black market on euro BMW 7's and the like closed down in about 87 or so as it had become nearly impossible to bring non US market cars in. Is it still possible to import these things? Were they sold new in Canada and would it be possible to procure them there and bring em in, inquireing minds want to know.

John ja@coe.wvu.edu '71 Westy Virginia, '90 Corrado G60