Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 Jun 95 15:52:27 EDT
From:         "William R. Kennedy, NJIT CIAT, 201-596-5648" <kennedy@admin.njit.edu>
Subject:      Vgon seat swap shop

At a wrecking yard in upstate NY, I bought more seats than I need. Now I have: . two front buckets in nubbly fabric that looks good with, but does not actually match, the original brown 81 LS corduroy. . two front buckets in brown vinyl, not perfect, but best I've EVER seen in a wrecking yard . brown corduroy middle and rear seats in need of restoration; actually the middle seat is usable as is -- the rear seat is played . excellent middle and rear seat from late eighties Vgon; tan vinyl trim, fabric in tan dots and tan-dots-in-boxes

What I want is a nice interior in fabric with brown vinyl trim. You can help: give me your front seats that match my excellent late eighties back seats and I'll give you four good front seats; or give me enough money to have my brown suite (front and rear) recovered ($250?) and I'll give you the late eighties middle and rear and your choice of the fronts (vinyl or cloth). Or if you have another way to what I want let me know.

Wrecking yard is Clarkies in Saratoga. Several Vgons there awaiting rescue.

Does anyone know what year Vgon had the fabric described above? Velour fabric in a dotted pattern, with a pattern of dots in squares on the seating area proper. I know it was a Syncro year because I saw a Syncro with the same pattern in blue yesterday evening.

Thanks for any steps towards my goal. B.