Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 Jun 1995 13:25:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:         Steve Johnson <sjohnson@pcocd2.intel.com>
Subject:      Re: Wild West trip report

So Richard says: > One thing I did notice about continuous mountain driving, is that there > seems to be a gap between 2nd and 3rd gears. Anyone else noticed this? > What I mean is that you must rev 2nd really high, then shift, and then > 3rd still revs kinda low. this is really irritating while climbing hille > at 10,000 feet.

Yeah, actually I notice it more on cloverleaf on/off ramps. Revs too high in 2nd and lug too much in 3rd. I usually just slow down in 2nd and watch the people in the rear view cussin' and swearin' at me. :[

> So, if anyone has any desire to do any camping out west, or just want to > try out a Vanagon to see how it is, I 100% recommend Roamin Holidays. > I Can put you in touch with Tom Brouilette, or NEATO members already can > get in touch with him. Another list member, Ron Lussier, has already > reserved one for later this summer. It was super fun, and I had a great > time.

I thought Tom Brouilette was on this list. Did he drop out?

> I found quite a surprise at the Monticello, UT. KOA; the owner's father > was one of the first VW dealers in Ca. He had in a garage the first Bug > that was imported there, a '54 oval Bug, with working semaphores, and > only 35,000 ORIGINAL MILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uhg!!! I'd love to have that. That was the year of my birth!!!

Sounds like a nice trip. Good story.

Cheers!

Steven

sjohnson@pcocd2.intel.com