Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 08 Jun 1995 12:26:02 EDT
From:         7039ckrah@umbsky.cc.umb.edu
Subject:      Back to werk...

Well, we had a successful trip down to cape Hatteras (N.C.) and points south. Just to recap: Left Boston, MA on friday nite. Overnight N.J. Then on to V.A. Beach (2 nights) then to Ocracoke Island (just south of Hatteras Island) - 3 nights. Then on to Charleston, S.C. back up to Huntington Beach (1 night in Charleston, 2 nights in Huntington) then back to Virginia (somewhere just south of Washington D.C.) up to N.J. (friends see above-1 night ) then up to upstate N.Y. (1 night) then home last night. All in my '65 micro deluxe! (about 2500 miles/11 days, 1&1/4 quarts of oil, many tanks of gas, slightly bruised right index knuckle [from shifting into 3rd from second])

Only problems: Speedo cable failed about half way into N.C. - the square end that goes through the grease cap on the front drivers side wheel had become rounded.- cured this by bending the cotter pin leg back on itself and into on of the square corners of the hole in the grease cap. An added measure of securing- duct tape over. The starter would not engage when we stopped for some roadside shrimp on the virginia part of the DelMarVa pennisula. My fuse would short out everytime I tried to engage the started. Bummer... Jumped started and continued on to VA beach with the intention of getting all greasy that nite playing with the starter/wiring. This problem disappeared never to happen again. Started up at the campsite with no problem. (I don't know what caused this). That WAS IT! What a sweet machine.......

christian