Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 09 Jun 95 10:08:06 CDT
From:         Joel Walker <JWALKER@ua1vm.ua.edu>
Subject:      FFFriday FFFragments ... silly is as silly does, sir!

well, i have to admit: friday done snuck up on me ... but, you know, SOME of you wacko crackers out there could suck up your facade and make up some of this stuff, too!!! :) ------------------------------------

When i was young, and dreams were new, I loved a bus, all white and blue. I saw its face on every street, I thought that it was really, oh, so neat!

But i was young, and dreams were, too. I had no job, no point of view, No way to purchase that bus of mine, And so I had to dream a long, long time.

But now I'm old, with dreams that fade, I bought a bus, no longer made, Around the town, I drive it daily, And wave at other buses that I see. :)

Puff, the Magic Wagen, Lives here with me, And frolics in the morning mist As he hides from DMV!!!

Dirtie Gertie, from Bizertie, Hide a mouse-trap neath her skirtie, Baited it with Fluer de Flirtie, Made her boyfriends most alertie!!

----------------------------------------- Prologue to the Canterbury Buses

When the showers of April sweet The droughts of March hath soaked complete, Throughout the land and countryside, The Buses roar, with skill and pride. Through country lane and city street Doth throngs of buses 'verging meet To seek each other's company In solace and in misery. 'Tis once again the season milde When Buses ride the highways wild And gather at each hill and dale, For Buses Rule! And will Prevail!!

Oh, Mares eat oats, and does eat oats, And little lambs eat ivy. A kid'll eat ivy, too, wouldn't you? :)