Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 01 Jun 95 08:10:32 CDT
From:         Joel Walker <JWALKER@ua1vm.ua.edu>
Subject:      Re: Lost my Vanagon Headlights!!

On Thu, 1 Jun 95 05:58:55 CDT Rich Smith said: >A few months ago when I left work I noticed rather quickly that my >headlights did not come on when I hit the switch. The parking lights worked >fine. When I got home I checked the fuses, pulled the switch out, wiggled >the little relay things and when I put it back together, MAGIC! It worked!! >Well when I came home the yesterday, same story only no more MAGIC! Any >ideas? Is this a common problem?

well, it's never happened to me ... with that relay, that is. the headlight switch went bad on one bus, though. $$$. :(

>PS: Does anyone else have this special Vanagon feature? I cannot lock the >driver's door by just pushing down the little knob and closing the door. I >have to use the key to lock it from the outside. It works if I am inside the >Van. I guess this way I won't lock my keys in the Van.;-)

:) this is something that the Germans seem to do on all the cars i've ever had anything to do with ... Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, and VW. you MUST lock the driver's door with the key from the outside. it's to prevent you from locking your keys in the car.

only trouble with the bus is, if you go out the sliding door, you can lock the keys inside with nooooo trouble at all. :)

joel