Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Jun 1995 15:35:36 PDT
From:         Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Subject:      Grape Racing [was Re: They came and went]

Well, since it's Friday maybe I can prove I'm not an uptight jerk after all and tell you folks something amusing...

>>>Steve Johnson said: > Oh, and when I heated up Amy's plate in the microwave, the fig > and grapes were still on it.... oops!

This sounds like a perfect straight line to introduce

MICROWAVE GRAPE RACING!

Take a plate or other dish with a smooth surface, put a little film of vegetable oil on it for lubrication. mark parallel lines for start and finish. Put it in the microwave.

Each drive chooses a grape and places it on the starting line, with the hole where the stem was pointing *away* from the finish.

Clsoe the door and nuke the grapes for a few minutes. As the grape juice begins to boil, a jet of steam will come out the stem-hole and you will have ROCKET PROPELLED GRAPES!

Loser buys the beer...

--berry

Berry Kercheval :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center