Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 17 Jun 1995 11:24:17 -0700
From:         nrubin@s1.csuhayward.edu (Martha Rubin)
Subject:      FLASH:  party at Martha's tonite!

David Schwarze and Shelley are here! We made it back from Yosemite and want to have a vanagon bash here at my house this evening, let's say starting at 6 pm. You are all invited :) The only thing is that since we've just returned from camping, there's not much to eat or drink here (and we're in the middle of a difficult second battery installation). So I know this is not very polite, but I'd be very grateful for any appetizers/drinks you can bring along. Bad hostess behaviour, isn't it? Anyway, if you can make it, please let me know via e-mail (nrubin@s1.csuhayward) or by phone (510)376-4321. To make life easy, I'm posting directions below from various possible ways to approach the area. If you get lost or need forther help, don't hesitate to call! I urge you all to come, because Schwarze lives in the San Diego area, doesn't get up here all that often, and he has one AMAZING bus! You can see the microwave set up for yourselves first hand tonite, and that's only the start of the set up he's got in there. Also, this is the last two days of the GNATT tour, so a party is in order, and it will be a good chance to find out abo9ut the tour, and see the WONDERFUL pictures Joel sent of Busses By The Arch. Come one, come all. Bring beer/substances/etc. :) Prunehead will probably come too, but I'm NOT going to allow him to burn any engine cases in my yard.

-----

For those driving SOUTH on 680 (i.e. from Sacramento, thru Concord, Walnut Creek, etc.): Merge onto Highway 24, going towards Oakland/Caldecott tunnel. Take the turnoff entitled "Central Lafayette/Moraga" - Turn Right (Southbound) on First Street -- Proceed past overpass to first stoplight - Turn Right (West) on Mt. Diablo Blvd. -- Get into left lane ASAP -- Proceed one block to first stoplight - Turn Left (Southbound) on Moraga Road -- Proceed 3.5 miles on Moraga Rd - Turn Right (Westbound) on Devin -- Devin is first block past the stoplight at Donald -- House is third house on right (counting the corner house) ----- For those driving NORTH on 680 (i.e. from San Jose area): - Proceed Northbound on Interstate 680 to Walnut Creek - Turn Left (Westbound) on Calif 24 toward Lafayette/Oakland (NOTE: the turn is more of a split or "Y" in the road than an offramp) - Take third turnoff entitled "Central Lafayette/Moraga" - Turn Right (Southbound) on First Street -- Proceed past overpass to first stoplight - Turn Right (West) on Mt. Diablo Blvd. -- Get into left lane ASAP -- Proceed one block to first stoplight - Turn Left (Southbound) on Moraga Road -- Proceed 3.5 miles on Moraga Rd - Turn Right (Westbound) on Devin -- Devin is first block past the stoplight at Donald -- House is third house on right (counting the corner house) ----- For those coming thru the Caldecott tunnel from the OAKLAND side:

Take the third exit after the tunnel, called "Orinda." A At the bottom of the exit, turn right onto Camino Pablo, which eventually changes names and becomes Moraga Road. Proceed on this for approximately 4.5 miles from the freeway. It dead-ends in "beautiful downtown Moraga," which doesn't contain a lot: Safeway, Lucky, etc.

At this light, turn left onto Moraga Road, and stay in the left lane.

Go approximately a mile or two, then turn left onto my street, Devin. House is the third house on the right (counting the corner) ----- 101 Devin Drive (has white wrought iron gates)

Moraga, CA (510) 376-4321