Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 Jun 1995 10:19:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:         RGOLEN@umassd.edu
Subject:      RE:Defiled!!! (and old Fahrts)

Back in 75 or was it 76 after I had my '56 beetle painted, I was at the Univ's library working on a project for my MBA...as I was walking out to the parking lot a large Cadillac pulled into the space next to mine...the door opened and I heard "THUNK"...

I calmly walked up to my bug, and there was a nice door ding in the nice, fresh paint. I looked at the Afro-american passenger and made some comment about being a bit more careful...and he responded..."Hey Brutha, its only a Vokswagin'..."

I got in the bug...fired it up...warmed it up...waited until my "friends" walked into the library....reached under the driver's seat...pulled out my deerslayer knife...got out of the bug....walked over to the right front fender... pressed the knife into the fender and proceeded to walk to the rear of the Caddy...

Needless to say there were metal filings on the ground by the time I was done. As I drove away, I looked in the rearview mirror and sighed "Don't worry about it brutha...its only a Cadillac!"...

BTW, today is my '56 bug's 39th birthday...Beetle Model 113, serial number 1 22 6 22 1 rolled off the assembly line and coughed to life in Wolfsburg Germany on 6 22 56 or as they say over there 22 6 56. As you will notice not only is the serial number the same front and backwards...but it contains the date of manufacture in both the German notation and the US notation!

Anyway...next year I am going to have a 40 year birthday party.. and aircooled VWs will be invited to celebrate!

Ric