Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 Jun 1995 10:12:51 MST
From:         "Mike White" <MIKE.WHITE@law.utah.edu>
Subject:      '57 Deluxe Saga ends OK!

Well, thanks to all those who helped with my "unintended four-wheel steering" problem.

It turns out that the main bolt which holds the reduction box to the swing arm in the middle was gone. I was not aware that there was even one there until I was under there the other day checking the oil leak(s).

I have the bolt and plan on putting it back in as soon as I can get a jack under it to get some pressure off of the wheel.

Also: [F]riday stuff from Mikey!:

I get to go pick up my VW Emblem today! It has been at the chrome shop for over a month! What a crazy wait. Why does it take them so long??? It was $25 to have chromed, and they did all the sandblasting to get the paint/rust off of it! What prices are you guys encountering to get an emblem chromed?

I cleaned up the chrome for the bumpers (They are early '60's bumpers). I used Brasso (Says "Do not use w/ aluminum." Hogwash!) and a brillo pad to get the old gunk off of them. They look beautiful. Now to re-attach them to the bumper and get that darn rubber back in. (FWIW, I am selling these bumpers!)

BTW! I am still in search for the a set of 50's blades w/chrome! I wish I would have been able to go to SOTO to search for them... <CRY>

Bad apple car sightings:

Beautifully restored ~64 Double cab, even w/deluxe bumpers! Midnight Blue Audi Cabrio Black/Gray Mercedes Benz S600 - V12. What a car... ~68 Benz 190 SL

Enough of my babble!

- Mike White

[Mail: mike.white@law.utah.edu - mwhite@eng.utah.edu] [http://www.cc.utah.edu/~mw1759/index.html]